About the Mobility Robin Hood Card Scheme

The English National Concessionary Travel Scheme allows cardholders free travel on all local bus services in England between 9.30am and 11pm Monday to Friday and at all times at weekends and bank holidays.

Replace your Mobility card

If you have lost your Mobility card and would like to replace your card online please click here.

Please see Information below regarding changes to your Robin Hood Mobility card

From 3rd September 2018 Nottingham City Council will no longer be offering the benefit of 11 pm – 9:30 am travel to mobility card holders Monday to Friday.

The concessionary scheme will be delivered in line with the national statutory requirements meaning cardholders and their companions will be able to travel free in Nottingham and nationally between 9:30am and 11pm Monday to Friday and all day at weekends. Tram travel between 9:30am and 11pm will remain free for Nottingham concessionary card holders.

This change is a cost saving measure approved at Council and brings us in line with Nottinghamshire’s ENCTS scheme. After investigating the options it was determined that it is not possible to make exceptions for individuals or groups.


Mobility Robin Hood Card holders - For Nottingham City residents - In addition to the National Scheme, Nottingham City Council also provide additional travel benefits for Nottingham city residents,: Free travel on the tram between 9:30am and 11pm Monday to Friday and all day at weekends.

Is your Mobility card valid for travel still? Check here for more information

If your pass is issued by Nottinghamshire County Council or another authority, please see their information on Concessionary cards.

Please note that your pass is only valid on bus services outside Nottingham, not tube, trams or trains. Certain bus services are also excluded, such as premium night buses, trent barton's Red Arrow and National Express services. If you're in any doubt about a particular service, please contact the operator to confirm whether your pass will be accepted. If you're unable to use conventional bus services, there is a door-to-door service available provided by Easylink. For more information, contact Easylink directly on (0115) 969 1801 or click here.

What happens next?

You will be asked to make an appointment with an independent assessor based on Mansfield Road who will assess whether you meet the criteria for the card. They will offer you an appointment within 2 weeks from the date in which you phone (this process must not take longer than 4 weeks) and you'll need to take with you any medical evidence to support your application (if you have any).

Following your appointment, if you're assessed as being eligible for a card we'll produce your card and post it to you within 10 working days. If you do not meet the criteria, we'll write to you and let you know.

Please note that if you're on the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance or receive 8 or more points under moving around or communicating verbally of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP), you do not need to attend a medical assessment. If you didn't supply proof of this at the application stage (detailed above), you'll have the opportunity to once we've processed your application when we write to you.

Acceptable Supporting Documents

Proof of City Residence

  • Current Council Tax Bill / Letter / Payment Book
  • Current Housing Association Rent Book
  • Current Television Licence
  • Residential Utility Bill * (except mobile phone)
  • Residential Bank / Building Society Statement *
  • Department of Work and Pensions Letter *
  • Residential Credit Card Statement *

* These items must be dated within the last 3 months

Proof of Name or Age

  • Letter of Pension Entitlement
  • Current Passport
  • Medical Card
  • Birth Certificate (unless your name has changed)
  • Driving Licence (paper or photocard)

Applying for a Mobility Robin Hood Card

Am I Eligible?

The Mobility Robin Hood Card is available to permanent city residents with a qualifying disability (refugee and asylum applicants, will need to provide proof of  'leave to remain' status). Please take a moment to read the criteria below to check whether you will be eligible for your card before you apply.

To qualify for a Mobility Robin Hood Card, you must be either:

  • Sight impaired or severely sight impaired
  • Profoundly or severely deaf - minimum hearing loss if it reaches 70 dBHL
  • Without speech in any language - people whose speech may be slow or difficult to understand do not qualify
  • A disability, or an injury, which has substantial long term effect on ability to walk i.e.
    • they cannot walk or
    • they are virtually unable to walk
    • the exertion required to walk would constitute a danger to their life or would be likely to lead to a serious deterioration of their health
  • Do not have arms or have long term loss of the use of both arms
  • A learning disability which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning – should be able to qualify for specialist services or may have special educational provision
  • Would, if applied for, prevent the granting of a motor vehicle licence under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1998, section 92 (other than on the grounds of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol)

Click here to download the mobility card application

How do I apply?

If you meet a minimum of one of the criteria above, you will need to apply in person at our Travel Centre in the Victoria Bus Station at the rear of Victoria Shopping Centre.

You will need to take with you proof of your address (such as a bank statement or utility bill), proof of your age and if you're on the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance, please take a copy of this with you too (this will mean you won't have to go to an assessment). You will also need to know your National Insurance number as this is required on the application form.  Whilst you're there, we'll take a photograph of you for your new card and once we've processed your application we'll write to you at your home address.

If you want to download the application form in advance, please click on the link below. Once you've downloaded it, you can print it, fill it out and take it with you to the Victoria Travel Centre.

Click here to download the Mobility Robin Hood Card application

Terms and Conditions for the Mobility Robin Hood Card scheme

Mobility Smartcard Eligibility Criteria